The School Games Mark is a government led awards scheme launched in 2012 to reward schools for their commitment to the development of competition across their school and into the community. Participating in this process allows schools to evaluate their PE provision and assists them in developing an action plan for future progress.
By achieving the 'Gold' level Gamesmark, St George's have:
- engaged at least 50% of pupils in extracurricular sporting activity every week – at least 15% of this amount was pupils from the non-active population.
- offered talented young sports people specific support to help them to develop their sporting potential.
- provided 13 Level 1 School Games competitions.
- taken part in 9 Level 2 School Games Competitions, against other school, with multiple teams in 4 sports.
- engaged 19% of KS2 children in leading, managing and officiating our School Games activities.
- recruited a Sports Leaders Crew.
- worked with 5 local community sports clubs to promote school games and physical activity.
Well Done to all the children at St George's who work hard in PE lessons and practise leading a healthy, active lifestyle!