Here are some safety tips to remember when using the internet:
- Don’t give anyone your password, name, address, the name of your school or any information about your family
- Don’t talk to strangers on the Internet
- Don’t agree to meet anyone in person that you’ve met online
- Don’t fill in a profile that asks for your name and address
- Don’t visit a chat room without an adult’s / parent’s permission
- Don’t stay online if you see something you think your parents won’t like
- Don’t post pictures of yourself without your parents’ permission
- Do not download or install anything on your computer without your parents’ permission
- If you have any questions about something you read, tell your parent or guardian
- If you are talking to someone online and they make you uncomfortable, remember you don’t have to talk back to them
Practical resources to help improve their cyber security.
Thinkuknow is the education programme organisation working with others to help make the
from NCA-CEOP, a UK organisation which internet a great and safe place for children
protects children both online and offline.