ETHOS and Values
At St George's we aim...
- To remain true to our Faith.
- To make individuals feel special, successful and a valued part of our school community.
- To keep the Catholic ethos of the school under constant review.
- To provide a rich and challenging curriculum in an effort to sustain the highest possible standards.
- To provide a curriculum reflecting and being informed by Catholic principles and provide social, moral, spiritual and cultural development.
- To engage our families and the Parish in the development of our children.
- To provide opportunities for the School to be central to the life of community.
- To provide a healthy, caring and supportive environment where all can develop and progress to their full potential.
- To provide opportunities to be fully involved in the Catholic life of the community by participating in liturgies, assemblies and caring for our environment.
- To create an inclusive culture which respects and celebrates all members of our immediate and wider community.
- To set challenging, but achievable targets for children and staff to aspire to.
- To develop technology based individual learning for all pupils.
- To provide leadership opportunities for all members of the school community.
- To link home and school through the development of a learning community.
Teaching Other Faiths
Year 5 have been learning about Islam in RE and the children have enjoyed trying on headscarves and skullcaps, looking at the Arabic text in the Qur'an, using a prayer mat to imitate Muslims pray, and tasting some dates etc.